A-game all odds

Was watching m:i:3 last week. A little bit different as not in the original series, this one have a stronger role on Cruise. His acting is cool, really. I like the scene where he run out and hitting the car while there's an explosion behind. Reviews are everywhere.

I'd like to tell about other movie I watch last Sunday. It is The Merchant of Venice. So much to talk about this movie version of one of Shakespeare's play, such as anti-semitism, mercy-revenge, romantic part of the movie, and the scenes of made up Venetia. But I would point it to my fave Al Pacino as Shylock, whose acting super as Jews. Awesome!

To me, it's about how do you play a game in life. Everyone have their own play, and each people play their own game. Some are related to other games. Other, choose to play under other people's rule. I have decide to play my own game, and I would not say it's a safe game. But I have it so far running. To tell you, mine is quite strategical without a certain assurance. I choose, I decide, one leads to another. Sometimes I need some reassurance, just as lately, and I hardly get it on hand. If I can just have some trump-card to bet. But I only have one thing to go: nothing but win.


© sonyclassics

Shylock: He hath disgraced me, and hindered me half a million, laughed at my losses, mocked at my gains, scorned my nation, thwarted my bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine enemies; and what's his reason? I am a Jew.

Shylock: I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that.

Shylock: If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge. The villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

0 Reageren op “A-game all odds”

Een reactie posten



XML


Edit halaman ini (Anda punya izin) Edit halaman ini (jika Anda punya izin) |